SAFFRON team animates in Grenoble (France) in October (21st and 28th) 2 focus group with youngsters on the subject of radicalization and medias.
The groups were hosted by Le Plateau, a place of meetings and exchanges in the Mistral disadvantaged area.
During each session, 5 young people (invited by Cap-Berriat association) from different origin were invited to debate about the motivation of radicalization, and the way to use media to fight against ISIS propaganda.
Saffron team learns a lot hearing them.
Saffron team has organized and animated a workshop in Bucharest on October 12th with a group of practitioners. We presented the Saffron tool and its different analysis stages. The practitioners tested also the current beta version of the tool and then we collected their feedbacks.
The workshop was very interesting and interactive, thanks for the participating practitioners. The feedbacks were positive and the tool has been well received.
The project SAFFRON is already 6 months old. It was the time for the first steering committee. The meeting was hosted by Holmes Semantic Solutions in Grenoble on 27 and 28 September.
Saffron will be present at the 22nd edition of the international conference Intelligence in the Knowledge Society in Bucharest on 13 and 14 October 2016.
This conference is a great format for dissemination of our project as there are a series of intelligence practitioners from various services across Europe that attend the works in the audience.
The following accepts to be member of the SAFFRON Advisory Board :
- Alessandro Zanasi (chair) : Zanasi & Partners
- Elaine Pressman : Netherlands Institute of Forensic Psychiatry and Psychology (NIFP) / International Center for Counter Terrorism (ICCT), the Hague / Canadian Centre for Intelligence and Security Studies (CCISS), Carleton University, Ottawa
- Julian Richards : Co-director, Centre for Security and Intelligence Studies (BUCSIS), University of Buckingham
- Ugo Pagallo : University of Turin
- Gérald Bronner : Professor of sociology at the University Paris Diderot / member of the Institut Universitaire de France / member of the French Academy of Technologies
- Bruno Halopeau : Europol, Counter Terrorism Unit
- Nico Prucha : VOX-Pol Research Fellow, International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation (ICSR), King’s College London
- Stephan Brunessaux : Senior Expert Data Analytics at Airbus Defence and Space
We are very proud to have attracted the attention of such personality.
Saffron will participate to the conference http://voxpol.eu/events/vox-pol-mid-project-conference-taking-stock-of-research-on-violent-online-political-extremism/ which is organized by the VOX-POL excellence network on radicalization and violent extremism in Dublin, in June 23-24, 2016.
Here is the abstract accepted :
Continue reading “VOX-Pol Mid-Project Conference”
The European Commission (Directorate-General Migration and Home Affairs) organized February 16th in Brussels a kick-off meeting for the coordinators of the selected projects for 3 thematics of the 2014 work programme :
- RADX : Preventing Radicalisation To Terrorism and Violent Extremism
- LAWX : Law Enforcement Information Exchange
- DRUG : EU Drugs Policy Initiatives
SAFFRON is one of them (for RADX thematic) so Viseo went there.
Continue reading “The Internal Security Fund”
The SAFFRON kick-off meeting was held in Grenoble on 10 & 11 February.